Photobucket Search & Win

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Here I am!

Eek! I’m so far behind with posting my Christmas Crafts! This weekend was crazy! On Saturday, we spent the day decorating. We went and cut down the tree at the tree farm up the road. I take this picture every year, and I’m sure Shane secretly loves it!




We hung the outside lights, which turned into Shane cleaning out the gutters. I got the bright idea to move the trellis that we got married under to the front yard. I had visions of it spanning the front walkway into our home. The whole thought of walking under the place we got married each time we entered our home was appealing to me. Unfortunately, I should have measured my vision before we (yes, “we”- I helped!) moved the mammoth creation from the backyard to the front. It’s way too big for our walkway. In defeat, we plopped it in the middle of the yard, awaiting relocation.

On Sunday, we took Caileigh on the Polar Express train ride. I have an absolute obsession with the Polar Express. It comes from elementary school when our principal use to play it over  the PA system on the last day of school before Christmas. The book is absolutely magical.

So after all of that, here are the 5 crafts I owe you!

# 2: Christmas Card Display board! I made this with an unfinished frame from Michaels, so Christmas scrapbook paper and some knobs we have around. I modeled it after this Creative Memories frame.


#3: Christmas Card Display Frame ! Another unfinished frame from Michaels. I got it on clearance awhile ago. I painted it with chalkboard paint and used chickenwire in the opening. The seasonal greetings can be erased and I can reuse it for birthdays!


#4: My ugly flowerpot tree that I secretly love!!



#5: Placemat Pillow: I got these placements a couple years ago and used them on our pub table that only had two chairs. That table is now gone and I searched high and low for more of these placemats. I couldn’t find anymore, but couldn’t bear the thought of these adorable rustic snowman not coming out for Christmas. I had some scrap material and sewed (BY HAND! My machine is caput!) them into a pillow. Cute, huh?


#6: I made this garland last year. I just got out holiday shapes and embellished them with buttons that my grandma had given me in the past.


As I am posting this, I am realizing that having 25 crafts (19 more!) by Christmas is going to be rough! I may expand and count some of my culinary adventures as crafts.. or have some guest posters… or take a day off work to craft!?!?!? Or maybe have an unexpected snowday to sit in my little room and create. ( I live for snowdays!)

Thanks for reading J  

No comments:

Post a Comment