Photobucket Search & Win

Saturday, July 23, 2011

{My Parties}... Kristn's Graduation!



My sister recently graduated from high school and we threw a bbq to celebrate. I ordered adorable invites, bottle wraps, banners, and cupcake toppers from The Frog Prince Paperie after seeing some of their amazing work in blog land. Being that it was 90 degrees outside, we had tons of drinks- including my beloved lemonade stand!! (although I have lemonade stand envy- check this out PARTYLOVES LEMONADE STAND


Cute bbq themed water bottles!

In addition to the water, we had lemonade, strawberry lemonade & cucumber water. I had blue and yellow paper straws out since those were the school colors. The frames were from Caileigh's Cereal Buffet

I really wanted big bouquets of fresh sunflowers on the tables, but I had to remember the party wasn't for me..So, I painted wooden frames from Michael's red and used a flower embellishment from the scrapbook aisle. I had pictures from throughout Kristin's life all over.

Inspired by Hostess with the Mostess, we had a make-your-own hot dog bar... 

 I wrote out all the different recipes on the brown paper, but I'm pretty sure people invented their own
 My beloved Pottery Barn Stand served as a roll holder...

For the dessert table, I repurposed an old wooden window and my husband's saw horses. I am sorry for the lack of a close up of the cupcakes and toppers!! I don't know what I was thinking! The basket was filled with cakepops! 

Here is my daughter attempting to get closer to the sweets posing with Aunt Kristin before we dig in.

Congrats to Kristin & the class of 2011!


1 comment:

  1. Great job! Love the table made from the window pane--and the lemonade stand is pretty cool, too!

    ReplyDelete